Join our Team
We are always seeking talented, dedicated and driven people to join our team.
Please see below list of current job opportunities with FSI.
FSI is looking to appoint a Safety Coordinator to play a key role in support of the company’s HSE commitments and goals.
The role of the Safety Coordinator is to be responsible for the delivery of HSE technical expertise in supporting employees, contractors and key stakeholders.
Reporting to Training & HSE Manager key deliverables will be
- Full understanding of Company Policies and Procedures and Safe Operating Procedures.
- HSE technical expertise, ensuring alignment to all statutory and company requirements.
- Being an effective team member, self-motivated, with attention to detail and compliance.
- Provide field staff with updates and support on company HSE policies and procedures. This includes distributing monthly safety tool box talk materials and safety bulletins, safety inspections, safety observations and safety audits on a regular basis.
- Provides ongoing operational support through leadership, knowledge, mentoring, support and advice to reduce safety related risks, preventing personal injury and illness.
- Provides effective leadership, guidance and training.
- Provides effective leadership and expertise in incident/accident investigations including reporting.
- Provides compliance registers for test and tag, fire extinguishers, lifting devices, First Aid and Fire Warden and any other statutory requirements.
- Coordination of employee return to work programs, including Workcover case management, suitable duties plans and progress reporting.
- Provides accurate reporting of safety Key Performance Indicators and highlight non-conformance where required.
- Chairs the company HSE Committee, ensures corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Review monitor and maintain First Aid facilities and usage levels in all branches and offices.
- Manage, review and update all emergency evacuation plans within all FSI facilities.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce expenditure and increase staff efficiency levels.
- Travel to regional areas will be required to meet with customers and employee’s.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate IV or Diploma in HSE and five years hands on experience in a previous HSE leadership role.
Job Specific Competency Levels:
- Can be widely trusted and can keep company and employee information confidential.
- Can provide negotiating support where required.
- Management of HSE related information.
- Provide leadership and training across the HSE spectrum
- Provides excellent written and verbal communications within all stakeholders.
- Can be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings.
- Sets priorities and manages time effectively and efficiently.
- Meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships in all areas of the business.
Install Technicians- Fire SUPPRESSION
We are now seeking an Install Technician to join our Mackay Team.
This role will see you completing scheduled Fire Suppression installations on client equipment.
Previous fire suppression experience is preferred, however if you have a trade in Mechanical or Electrical you should also apply.
Essential for this role
- Understanding of Safety and Compliance
- Maturity to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and must take pride in your workmanship
- Availability Monday to Friday throughout the Mackay region
You must be able to successfully pass a Coal Board Medical, and regular Drug and Alcohol screening as our Customers are often within mine sites.
All training will be provided to the successful applicant.
FIre SUPPRESSION TECHNICIAN
We are seeking Fire Suppression Technicians to join our Moranbah Teams.
Experienced Fire Technicians should apply as we are offering a great remuneration package!
This role includes
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance and installing fire suppression systems
- Attending to client call outs
- Work / Life balance 7/7 Roster
- Permanent position offering great remuneration.
Previous experience in fire suppression is essential for this role.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidates.
We are looking for people who share our values on Safety and Teamwork. We practice open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect for each other
opportunities available now!
Our Singleton Branch is experiencing rapid growth, so we are now seeking additional:
Fire Suppression Technicians